Taxis: Licensing:Written question - 228622

(Houghton and Sunderland South)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 05 March 2019
Department for Transport
Taxis: Licensing
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what steps he is taking to prevent taxi or private hire vehicle drivers from operating exclusively outside of the locality in which they are licensed.
Answered by: Ms Nusrat Ghani
Answered on: 11 March 2019

The Government’s response to the report by the Chair of the Task and Finish Group on Taxi and Private Hire Vehicle Licensing agreed with the principle that all taxi and private hire vehicle journeys should start and/or end within the area that issued the licences, and set out that further consideration will be given to how this might best work in practice, with a view to legislation.

Share this page