Carbon Monoxide: Poisoning:Written question - 226732

Asked by Liz Twist
Asked on: 27 February 2019
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Carbon Monoxide: Poisoning
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, if he will (a) collate and (b) publish data on the number of Britons poisoned by carbon monoxide when holidaying overseas.
Answered by: Harriett Baldwin
Answered on: 06 March 2019

The safety of British holidaymakers is of paramount concern to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). We provide travel advice for 225 countries and territories to help British nationals make informed decisions about foreign travel and plan for a safe trip. Our foreign travel checklist on GOV.UK and several country-specific travel advice pages contain information and advice on the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning, including a link to the Be Alarmed campaign website.

The FCO publishes annual data on consular assistance provided to British nationals worldwide, including hospitalisation cases. We also work closely with Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and UK tour operators to understand local issues that have affected British holidaymakers. We do not collate specific data for cases of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Share this page