Immigration: EEA Nationals:Written question - 218305

Asked by Kate Green
(Stretford and Urmston)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 07 February 2019
Home Office
Immigration: EEA Nationals
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to his Department's guidance entitled European Temporary Leave to Remain in the UK, published on 28 January 2019, what fee his Department plans to charge for an application for European Temporary Right to Remain.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 12 February 2019

The Home Office will publish further information about the immigration ar-rangements for those EEA nationals arriving in the UK after the UK’s exit from the EU in the event that there is no deal. This will include guidance on how to apply for European Temporary Leave to Remain and updating the published guidance for employers on right to work checks.

Dependant family members of EEA nationals will be required to make sepa-rate applications for European Temporary Leave to Remain.

Information about the application fee will be made available in due course. Applications for European Temporary Leave to Remain will not be subject to payment of the Skills Charge. Subject to Parliamentary approval, appli-cants will not be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.

European Temporary Leave to Remain is permission to stay for 36 months and cannot be extended. Those who wish to stay for longer will need to ap-ply and qualify under the terms of the UK’s new skills-based immigration system, which will begin from 1 January 2021. The shape of the future sys-tem is the subject of extensive engagement over the next 12 months with a range of stakeholders before final policy decisions are made.

Grouped Questions: 218303 | 218304 | 218306 | 218307

Share this page