Immigration: EU Nationals:Written question - 215086

Asked by Keith Vaz
(Leicester East)

Registered Interest

Indicates that a relevant interest has been declared.

Asked on: 31 January 2019
Home Office
Immigration: EU Nationals
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how much it will cost to apply for European Temporary Leave to Remain in the event of the UK leaving the EU.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 07 February 2019

European Temporary Leave to Remain will only apply if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. It will enable EU citizens who arrive in the UK after EU exit to live, work and study in the UK for a temporary period. It will also allow them to be accompanied or joined by their close family members (their spouse, civil partner, partner, and dependent child under 18) who are third country nationals. There will no limit to the number of dependent children who may accompany or join the EU citizen.

Information about the application fee for European Temporary Leave to Remain will be made available in due course.

Grouped Questions: 215087

Share this page