Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Research:Written question - 213339

Asked by Robert Halfon
Asked on: 28 January 2019
Department of Health and Social Care
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Research
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what plans he has to support biomedical research into the diagnosis and treatment of ME.
Answered by: Caroline Dinenage
Answered on: 04 February 2019

The National Institute for Health Research welcomes funding applications for research into any aspect of human health, including myalgic encephalomyelitis; it is not usual practice to ring-fence funds for particular topics or conditions. Applications are subject to peer review and judged in open competition, with awards being made on the basis of the importance of the topic to patients and health and care services, value for money and scientific quality.

Share this page