Immigrants: EU Nationals:Written question - 188818

(Sheffield Central)
Asked on: 06 November 2018
Home Office
Immigrants: EU Nationals
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to his Department’s announcement of 25 October 2018, New fund to support vulnerable EU citizens apply for settled status, whether he has received advice from the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) (a) that organisations operating under that fund need to be registered with the OISC to assist with applications in relation to the EU Settlement Scheme unless otherwise exempt or regulated to provide immigration advice and (b) on what levels of competence organisations operating under that fund should have.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 16 November 2018

We are working very closely with The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to make this work for genuine voluntary organisations and community groups that want to help EU citizens and their family members.

All organisations placing bids will need to be aware of the level of OISC registration that they may require in line with the services they are proposing to provide in supporting vulnerable persons applying under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Share this page