Drugs: Rehabilitation:Written question - 184950

(Central Suffolk and North Ipswich)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 29 October 2018
Department of Health and Social Care
Drugs: Rehabilitation
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, pursuant to the Answer of 25 October to Question 180687 on Drugs: Rehabilitation, what estimate he has made of the real terms change in funding for substance misuse services in (a) each local authority in England and (b) in total in each year since 2012.
Answered by: Steve Brine
Answered on: 01 November 2018

Information on annual actual spend by local authorities on these services is available at the following link:


However, this data is not broken down in the format requested. Decisions on the commissioning of drug and alcohol prevention and treatment services are the responsibility of local authorities (LAs), based on an assessment of local need.

The public health grant conditions make it clear that LAs must have regard for the need to improve the take up of, and outcomes from, their drug and alcohol misuse treatment services. The Government continues to monitor local authority spending on an annual basis.

Grouped Questions: 184951 | 184952

Share this page