Religious Freedom:Written question - 182710

(East Londonderry)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 23 October 2018
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Religious Freedom
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, if he will hold discussions with the EU Special Envoy for Freedom of Religion or Belief on UK cooperation with the EU on freedom of religion and belief after the UK leaves the EU.
Answered by: Mark Field
Answered on: 26 October 2018

​In his capacity as the Prime Minister's Special Envoy on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon met Jan Figel, the European Commission Special Envoy for FoRB, in July 2018.

The UK will seek to work closely with the EU on human rights issues including Freedom of Religion or Belief (FoRB) after we leave. The EU Special Envoy is responsible for the implementation of the EU guidelines on FoRB to which the UK was a key contributor.

Share this page