Asylum: Housing:Written question - 180297

Asked by Alex Sobel
(Leeds North West)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 16 October 2018
Home Office
Asylum: Housing
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what processes are in place to ensure that (a) service users and (b) advocates of service users are able to challenge refusals to relocate them to a different property under the new (i) Asylum Accommodation and Support and Advice and (ii) Issue Reporting and Eligibility Support contracts.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 22 October 2018

Under the new Asylum Accommodation and Support Contracts, Service Users or their advocates will continue to be able to make relocation requests directly to the Home Office.

The new Advice, Issue Reporting and Eligibility Provider will also be required to assist Service Users with applications to move accommodation. In the event of a refusal, the Service User and/or those representing will be able to submit further representations and evidence to support a relocation request.

Share this page