Children: Maintenance:Written question - 169509

(Motherwell and Wishaw)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 03 September 2018
Department for Work and Pensions
Children: Maintenance
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps she is taking to ensure that the Child Maintenance Service uses up-to-date income information automatically obtained from HMRC for non-resident parents when making maintenance calculations where HMRC does not possess income information for a full tax year.
Answered by: Justin Tomlinson
Answered on: 06 September 2018

Where the Child Maintenance Service requests information about a Paying Parent’s income HMRC will provide information for the most recent complete tax year they have in the last six years. In the majority of cases this will generate a clear and easily understood income figure. Where this is not possible the Child Maintenance Service will make a calculation based on information, which parents are legally required to provide, which demonstrates what the Paying Parent’s current income is.

Share this page