Overseas Students and Migrant Workers: Universities:Written question - 152284

Asked by Layla Moran
(Oxford West and Abingdon)
Asked on: 11 June 2018
Home Office
Overseas Students and Migrant Workers: Universities
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what guidance his Department issues to universities in respect of their monitoring the whereabouts of international employees and students on sponsored visas.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 14 June 2018

Guidance for universities on fulfilling their responsibilities towards international employees and students on sponsored visas is available on the UK Visas and Immigration website at:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-tier-2-or-5-worker-guidance-for-employers and https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-tier-4-student-guidance-for-educators respectively.

Information on the number of foreign members of staff and students reported to UK immigration authorities for failing to declare their attendance and time spent off campus is not collated on Home Office systems in a manner which can be reported on, and to do so could only be achieved at disproportionate cost by examination of thousands of records.

Share this page