Detainees: Compensation:Written question - 146868

(Cardiff South and Penarth)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 22 May 2018
Home Office
Detainees: Compensation
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the minimum compensation payment made was to an individual wrongly detained by the Home Office in each of the last three years.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 01 October 2018

The Home Office does not record ‘Wrongful detention’ as a payment type. The figures the Home Office has for compensation are recorded as “unlawful detention”.

Our records indicate that the lowest compensation payments for unlawful detention for FYs 2014/15 in cases where nominal damages are awarded are listed below:

FY 2014/15 £1
FY 2015/16 £1
FY 2016/17 £1

Share this page