Asylum: Housing:Written question - 133797

(Newcastle upon Tyne North)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 21 March 2018
Home Office
Asylum: Housing
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the Government’s policy on room sharing with reference to accommodation for dispersed asylum seekers.
Answered by: Caroline Nokes
Answered on: 26 March 2018

Accommodation providers must comply with national and local housing regulations including those regarding room sharing. The accommodation contracts set out who may share a room, which includes allowing room sharing for couples, unrelated adults of the same sex and related children depending on their genders and ages. Providers are contractually required to take account of any particular circumstances and vulnerability of those that they accommodate and an assessment is made on a case-by-case basis depending on the specific needs of the individual.

Share this page