Holding answer received on 12 March 2018
The average length of stay on apprenticeship programmes in England in the 2016/17 academic year is as follows:
Average length of stay (days)
Sector Subject Area
Agriculture, Horticulture and Animal Care
Arts, Media and Publishing
Business, Administration and Law
Construction, Planning and the Built Environment
Education and Training
Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Health, Public Services and Care
Information and Communication Technology
Leisure, Travel and Tourism
Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Science and Mathematics
Not Applicable/Not Known
- Data source: Single Individualised Learner Record.
- Within the Individualised Learner Record, providers can record the start date, planned end date, and actual end date for each apprenticeship record.
- Actual end date is only recorded for learners who have reached the end of their programme, or those who have withdrawn early.
- This calculation only includes those learners who have completed their programme in 2016/17.
- Some learners can complete their programme in a shorter time due to prior learning.
- Some learners take longer than expected due to planned breaks in learning.
- A small number of learners from the Employer Outcome Pilot are not included in this calculation