Eating Disorders: Medical Treatments:Written question - 116573


Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 29 November 2017
Department of Health
Eating Disorders: Medical Treatments
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether NHS England places a requirement on clinical commissioning groups to consider third sector organisations when commissioning interventions and treatments for eating disorders?
Answered by: Jackie Doyle-Price
Answered on: 04 December 2017

In the case of services for people with eating disorders, as with a range of other mental health services, the voluntary sector has an important role to play in providing access to care, treatment and support.

Clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) are required to commission services from the most appropriate provider, taking into consideration local need and the capacity of local providers to respond.

NHS England is implementing the delivery of new and expanded community eating disorder teams for children and young people, some of which deliver care in partnership with the voluntary sector.

In addition, the guidance for local transformation plans for children and young people’s mental health care stated that CCGs should work with local partners, including voluntary sector organisations, in the development and updating of plans.

Share this page