Immigration: EEA Nationals:Written question - 65974

(Sheffield Central)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 28 February 2017
Home Office
Immigration: EEA Nationals
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether she plans to alter the residency rights or ability to obtain residence rights of EEA nationals resident in the UK (a) before the UK leaves the EU or (b) on the date the UK leaves the EU.
Answered by: Mr Robert Goodwill
Answered on: 06 March 2017

At present, the UK remains in the EU.

The Prime Minister has been clear that she wants to secure the status of those EU nationals already living in the UK as early possible once formal negotiations begin.

As part of this process, the Home Secretary will continue to work closely with colleagues across Whitehall and the Government will engage with relevant stakeholders.

Grouped Questions: 66048

Share this page