Religious Freedom:Written question - 37363

(Luton South)
Asked on: 18 May 2016
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Religious Freedom
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what resources his Department allocates to promoting and upholding freedom of religion or belief within the countries with which it works.
Answered by: Mr David Lidington
Answered on: 26 May 2016

Human Rights are part of the everyday work of all British diplomats. We work intensively on freedom of religion or belief (FoRB) through the UN, the EU and the OSCE; and in individual countries, prioritising what works in local circumstances. In many parts of the world, we have supported projects through the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy. In the current financial year, we have allocated almost £900,000 to projects in this area.

Share this page