Housing Revenue Accounts:Written question - 6974

Asked by Ms Karen Buck
(Westminster North)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 14 July 2015
Department for Communities and Local Government
Housing Revenue Accounts
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, which local authorities have (a) applied and (b) been granted approval for permission to use housing revenue account funds to assist with the costs of welfare reform.
Answered by: Brandon Lewis
Answered on: 20 July 2015

All requests from local authorities seeking clarification that they can use their housing revenue account to provide financial assistance in relation to housing costs related to welfare reform have been approved and directions issued. This affects the following local authorities:

Ashfield District Council

Basildon Borough Council

Birmingham City Council

Brighton and Hove City Council

Canterbury City Council

Crawley Borough Council

Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council

Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council

Gateshead Council

Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council

Hull City Council

Ipswich Borough Council

Kettering Borough Council

Leeds City Council

Lewes District Council

London Borough of Brent

London Borough of Croydon

London Borough of Hackney

London Borough of Lewisham

London Borough of Newham

London Borough of Redbridge

London Borough of Southwark

London Borough of Wandsworth

Manchester City Council

Melton Borough Council

Milton Keynes Council

Nottingham City Council

North West Leicestershire District Council

Oxford City Council

Poole Borough Council

Reading Borough Council

Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council

Runnymede Borough Council

Sandwell Council

Selby Borough Council

Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council

South Cambridgeshire District Council

South Tyneside Council

Swindon Borough Council

Waveney District Council

Wealden District Council

Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council

West Lancashire Borough Council

Share this page