Psychiatry: Research:Written question - 5532

Asked by Dr Poulter
(Central Suffolk and North Ipswich)

Named Day

'Named day' questions only occur in the House of Commons. The MP tabling the question specifies the date on which they should receive an answer. MPs may not table more than five named day questions on a single day.

Asked on: 03 July 2015
Department of Health
Psychiatry: Research
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to the Answer of 24 June 2015 to Question 3297, what funds his Department has provided for forensic psychiatric research (a) in cash terms, (b) in real terms and (c) as a proportion of the total research and development budget in each year since 2000.
Answered by: George Freeman
Answered on: 08 July 2015

The information requested is not available.

Spend on research funded directly by the Department’s National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is categorised by Health Research Classification System (HRCS) health categories including ‘mental health’. There are no HRCS health sub-categories, such as for specific fields of mental health research. Further information on HRCS categories can be found on the HRCS website:

Estimated spend on mental health research reported by National Health Service organisations prior to the establishment of the NIHR was not broken down according to relevance to specific mental health research fields.

Grouped Questions: 5534 | 5533 | 5531

Share this page