Home Education:Written question - 216354

Asked on: 28 November 2014
Department for Education
Home Education
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if she will bring forward proposals to require local authorities to register children who are homeschooled.
Answered by: Mr Nick Gibb
Answered on: 04 December 2014

At present, as I indicated in the Answer I gave to the hon. Member on 20 October (210289), we are discussing with local authorities the concerns they have about information available on children who are educated at home. We have not yet reached any conclusion as to whether any changes are needed to the Department’s guidance document or the current framework within which home education operates.

Grouped Questions: 216352

Share this page