Home Education:Written question - 214683

Asked on: 17 November 2014
Department for Education
Home Education
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how many officials, civil servants or contracted workers in her Department are working on homeschooling policy and safeguarding issues relating to homeschooling.
Answered by: Mr Nick Gibb
Answered on: 24 November 2014

Home education policy matters are dealt with by the Independent Education and School Governance Division (IESGD), although other divisions are involved when issues such as funding, safeguarding, examination results or pupil registration arise in relation to home educated children.

Four of the Department for Education’s officials have specific responsibility within IESGD for home education policy, as one part of their overall duties.

Grouped Questions: 214704

Share this page