Parliamentary Archives Statement of Public Services
The Parliamentary Archives welcomes all visitors and aims to deliver efficient and effective services for the consultation of archive material and the answering of enquiries.
What you can expect from us:
- Courteous and well-informed advice from our staff
- A searchroom for the free consultation of original archive material during office hours
- Research facilities including public access computers, microform reader-printers and wi-fi internet access
- Prompt collection of document orders and efficient production of documents
- Good quality copying services including photocopies and digital images
- Requests for closed records to be dealt with promptly and according to Freedom of Information legislation
- Enquiries by letter, telephone, fax and e-mail to be answered promptly and accurately within 10 working days
What we expect from you:
- To respect our appointment system and to behave courteously and considerately to members of staff and other users
- To keep to noise to a minimum in our public searchroom to avoid disturbing other users
- To respect our facilities, and stay within public areas at all times
- To handle all archives and books carefully, by observing the guidelines on the searchroom table
- To abide by the regulations for searchroom visitors which can be found on the searchroom table placemats
- To respect the fact that there may be restricted or no access to some records, for reasons including confidentiality & preservation
- To comment constructively on our services in order to help us improve them
We reserve the right to withdraw services and exclude you from the searchroom at our discretion.
Abusive, antisocial or violent behaviour will be reported to the police.