Please note all visitors to the Parliamentary Archives searchroom are required to book in advance and carry photographic identification.
NEW: Changes to document retrievals for searchroom visitors
From February 2018 we will be introducing scheduled retrieval times at:
10am (documents ordered in advance)
11.30am and 2.00pm
Visitors can order up to 12 documents in advance and these will be available from 10am. Six more files can be ordered at 11.30am and another six files can be ordered at 2pm.
Visitors can submit a bulk order for up to 24 items in advance, but these will be produced as described above ie 12 files at 10am, and then 6 files at 11.30am and 6 files at 2pm. To pre-order the documents, email firstname.lastname@example.org listing the reference numbers that you would like to see and the date you have an appointment booked/would like to book.
NOTE: The Parliamentary Archives reserves the right to vary the quantity of items produced
New website and online catalogue
We will be launching a new website and new look catalogue in March / April 2018. This will be a new way of searching our collections and is the first stage in a bigger change to our online services.
If you would like to help test our new catalogue please click here for further information of how you could do this.
Later in 2018, we will be introducing new online user functionality, linked to the catalogue interface, including:
• User registration / account creation and management
• Search room seat booking
• Basket style online document ordering
• Online copy ordering
• Secure online payment
The functionality of the new website and online services will develop over time, and we will announce more as it is developed
New In Living Heritage
New on the Archives blog
Parliamentary Archives on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
We have lots of ways for you to hear about the archives, our work, our documents and Parliamentary history:
- Follow us on twitter @UKParlArchives and on our UK Parliamentary Archives facebook page for all the latest news and information about the Parliamentary Archives and fascinating facts and snippets about Parliamentary history
- Follow @ParliamentWW1 for Parliament and the First World War information, including events in the House of Lords and House of Commons 100 years ago, Parliamentary war stories, and commemoration of the deaths of MPs, peers, their sons, and Parliamentary staff
- See our YouTube playlist for videos about the archives, our work and some of our documents.