What's on in the Lords
17 September 2021
Explore the latest questions, scrunity of bills and debates in the House of Lords.
Monday 13 September
Members questioned the government on:
- gambling disorders in the armed forces
- hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
- support for family carers
- human rights.
Members continued further check and change of the Environment Bill.
In Grand Committee, members debated two EU Committee reports on the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland.
Tuesday 14 September
- EU: visas for touring service providers
- NHS international ranking
- funding for supported housing
- flu vaccination and blood test cancellations.
Wednesday 15 September
- resuming visits to NHS hospitals
- defence: impact of Meggit takeover
- plans to reform council tax
- Afghanistan: support for aid workers
Members questioned the government on its COVID-19 update.
Thursday 16 September
- preserving Britain’s historic counties
- leaseholder fire safety costs
- working with the devolved administrations
Questions for Cabinet Office Minister Lord Frost (Conservative):
- checks and controls on EU imports to the UK
- extending the grace period on imports from the EU
- Northern Ireland/Ireland Protocol: power sharing in Northern Ireland
Members quizzed the government on two statements:
- behaviour change in the UK to achieve net zero carbon emissions
- changes to social care funding (short debate)
- training in core leadership skills for ministers and senior civil servants.
Questions, debates and scrutiny of legislation is streamed live online for free. Watch chamber and Lords committee meetings on Parliament TV.
Follow on Twitter
Visit @UKHouseofLords on Twitter for highlights of each day’s work in the House.
Other social media
Subscribe to the House of Lords newsletter
Sign up and receive weekly updates on the latest news stories, draft law scrutiny, committee work and discussions happening in the Lords.
Image: copyright House of Lords 2021 / photography by Roger Harris