Coming up in the Commons 8-12 November
5 November 2021
Here is a roundup of what’s coming up this week in the House of Commons Chamber.
For a complete list of questions and updates on urgent questions and statements see the Order of Business on the day or the Question Book for questions in advance.
Monday 8 November
The House will sit from 2.30pm on Monday, starting with questions to the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Thérèse Coffey. This will be followed by an Emergency Debate on the matter of the consequences of the decision of the House of 3 November relating to Standards.
The main business will be:
- Consideration of Lords Message to the Environment Bill
- Consideration of Lords Amendments to the Telecommunications (Security) Bill.
- Opposition Day Debate- Humble Address: Reducing the backlog in criminal courts.
Find out about Westminster Hall debates taking place on Monday 8 November.
Tuesday 9 November
The House will sit from 11.30am on Tuesday, starting with questions to the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, Dominic Raab.
The main business will be two general debates on:
- General debate on giving every baby the best start in life.
- General debate on the provision of school-based counselling services.
Find out about Westminster Hall debates taking place on Tuesday 9 November.
At the conclusion of business on Tuesday 9 November, the House will rise for the November recess and return on Monday 15 November.