Lords debates governance of UK Union
2 July 2021
On Thursday 1 July, the House of Lords debated the Dunlop Review into UK Government Union capability, and the progress update on the review of intergovernmental relations.
This was a general debate. During debates, members put their experience to good use to discuss current issues and draw the government's attention to concerns.
Lord True (Conservative), Minister of State at the Cabinet Office, responded on behalf of the government.
Members speaking included:
- Lord Empey (Ulster Unionist Party), member of the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland Sub-Committee
- Lord Lang of Monkton (Conservative), former Secretary of State for Scotland
- Lord McConnell of Glenscorrodale (Labour), former First Minister of Scotland
- Lord Thomas of Cwmgiedd (Crossbench), former Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales.
Watch and read the debate
Explore background information
Find out more about the issues the debate covers in the Lords Library briefing.
- Parliament, government and politics