Lords debates UK trade with Commonwealth
9 July 2021
The House of Lords debated the progress made in renewing the UK's trading relationships with Commonwealth countries on Thursday 8 July.
Lord Howell of Guildford (Conservative), former Royal Commonwealth Society President, put forward the debate.
This was a general debate. During debates, members put their experience to good use to discuss current issues and draw the government's attention to concerns.
Members speaking included:
- Lord Hannan of Kingsclere (Conservative), Initiative for Free Trade President
- Baroness Prashar (Crossbench), British Council Deputy Chair
- Lord Triesman (Lab), former Commonwealth minister.
Viscount Younger of Leckie (Conservative), Government Whip, responded on behalf of the government.
Watch and read the debate
Explore background information
Find out more about the issues the debate covers in the Lords Library briefing.
- Business, industry and consumers
- International affairs
- Parliament, government and politics