Lords debates Ukrainian Navy agreement
6 January 2022
The House of Lords debated the Framework Agreement between the governments of the UK and Ukraine on the Official Credit Support for the Development of the Capabilities of the Ukrainian Navy, on Wednesday 5 January.
Baroness Hayter of Kentish Town (Labour), chair of the Lords International Agreements Committee, put forward the debate.
This was a general debate. During debates, members put their experience to good use to discuss current issues and draw the government's attention to concerns.
Members speaking included:
- Baroness Liddell of Coatdyke (Labour), former opposition minister for Energy and Competitiveness in Europe
- Lord Foulkes of Cumnock (Labour co-operative), former director of the European League for Economic Cooperation
- Lord Purvis of Tweed (Liberal Democrats), associate with Associate with Global Partners Governance Limited
- Lord Risby (Conservative), chair of the British Ukrainian Society.
Lord Grimstone of Boscobel (Conservative), Minister for Investment, responded on behalf of the government.
Watch and read the debate
Lords scrutiny of trade deals
Explore background information
Learn more about how the House of Lords checks and challenges government.
- Economy and finance
- International affairs
- Parliament, government and politics