Lords discusses Windrush Compensation Scheme
7 May 2020
Members of the House of Lords debate the Windrush Compensation Scheme, in a virtual session on Wednesday 6 May.
Speakers include the chair of the Windrush Commemoration Committee and a former commissioner of the Commission for Racial Equality.
- Catch up on Parliament TV
- Read the Lords Hansard transcript
- Explore background research: Lords Library Briefing
This is a general debate. During debates, members put their experience to good use to discuss current issues and draw the government's attention to concerns.
Baroness Williams of Trafford (Conservative), Minister of State in the Home Office and Lords spokesperson for equalities, put forward the debate and responds on behalf of the government.
- Baroness Benjamin (Liberal Democrats), chair of the Windrush Commemoration Committee
- Lord Hastings of Scarisbrick (Crossbench) former commissioner of the Commission for Racial Equality
- Baroness Kennedy of Cradley (Labour), director of Social Justice Now
- Lord Randall of Uxbridge (Conservative), vice chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on the Caribbean
- Lord Taylor of Warwick (Non-affiliated), former president of the African Caribbean Westminster Business Initiative.
- Temporary changes to business in the House of Lords
- Follow @ukhouseoflords on Twitter
- Like House of Lords on Facebook
- Watch House of Lords videos on YouTube
- View House of Lords photos on Flickr
- Connect with Lords on the Lords Digital Chamber
- Asylum, immigration and nationality
- Communities and families
- Crime, civil law, justice and rights
- Culture, media and sport
Economy and finance
- International affairs
- Parliament, government and politics