Lords debates international response to Covid-19
19 May 2020
Members of the Lords debated the international response to the Covid-19 pandemic, in a virtual session on Monday 18 May.
Speakers included a former member of the World Health Organization Task Force on Health and Development and a former council member at the Royal Institute of International Affairs.
This was a general debate. During debates, members put their experience to good use to discuss current issues and draw the government's attention to concerns.
Baroness Sugg (Conservative), Parliamentary Under-Secretary in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, put forward the debate and responded on behalf of the government.
- Viscount Bridgeman (Conservative), former chair of safe surgical practice charity Coress
- Lord Judd (Labour), former member of the World Health Organization Task Force on Health and Development
- Lord Loomba (Crossbench), former council member at the Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House)
- Baroness Northover (Liberal Democrats), visiting professor at the Institute of Global Health Innovation, Imperial College, London.
- Follow @ukhouseoflords on Twitter
- Like House of Lords on Facebook
- Watch House of Lords videos on YouTube
- View House of Lords photos on Flickr
- Connect with Lords on the Lords Digital Chamber
Image: Creative Commons
- Business, industry and consumers
- Economy and finance
- Health services and medicine
- International affairs
- Parliament, government and politics
- Science and technology