Lords debates Spring Budget
19 March 2020
Members debate the economy in light of the Budget statement, and in light of Covid-19, on Wednesday 18 March. Speakers include the president of the Social Policy Association and the vice chair of the Northern Powerhouse Partnership.
- Catch up on Parliament TV
- Read the Lords Hansard transcript
- Explore background research: Lords Library Briefing
This is a general debate. During debates, members put their experience to good use discussing current issues and drawing the government's attention to concerns.
The debate was put forward but Lord Agnew of Oulton (Conservative), Minister of State in HM Treasury, who also responds on behalf of the government.
- Baroness Bennett of Manor Castle (Green), member of the Green European Foundation Universal Basic Income Group
- Baroness Falkner of Margravine (Non-affiliated), member of the Enforcement Decision Making Committee, Bank of England
- Lord Lamont or Lerwick (Conservative), former Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Baroness Kramer (Liberal Democrat), former vice president of Citibank
- Baroness Lister of Burtersett (Labour), president of the Social Policy Association
- Lord O'Neill of Gatley (Crossbench), vice chair of the Northern Powerhouse Partnership.
- Follow @ukhouseoflords on Twitter
- Like House of Lords on Facebook
- Watch House of Lords videos on YouTube
- View House of Lords photos on Flickr
- Connect with Lords on the Lords Digital Chamber
- Business, industry and consumers
- Communities and families
- Culture, media and sport
- Economy and finance
- Employment and training
- Energy and environment
- Housing and planning
- Parliament, government and politics
- Social security and pensions