Lords debates UN Sustainable Development Goals
20 March 2020
On Thursday 19 March, members debate the UK's progress towards United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 and target 3.6 of halving global road deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents by 2020. Speakers include a chartered member of the Institute of Logistics and Transport and the chair of the Commission on Global Road Safety.
- Catch up on Parliament TV
- Read the transcript in Lords Hansard
- Explore background research: Lords Library Briefing
This is a general debate. During debates, members put their experience to good use to discuss current issues and draw the government's attention to concerns.
Lord Robertson of Port Ellen (Labour), chair of the Commission on Global Road Safety, put forward the debate.
- Lord Low of Dalston (Crossbench), chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Assistive Technology
- Baroness Randerson (Liberal Democrat), Lords Liberal Democrats spokesperson for transport
- Lord Rosser (Labour), chartered member of the Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Lord Whitty (Labour), chair of the Road Safety Foundation.
Lord Parkinson of Whitley Bay (Conservative), government spokesperson, responded on behalf of the government.
- Follow @ukhouseoflords on Twitter
- Like House of Lords on Facebook
- Watch House of Lords videos on YouTube
- View House of Lords photos on Flickr
- Connect with Lords on the Lords Digital Chamber
- Crime, civil law, justice and rights
- Economy and finance
- International affairs
- Parliament, government and politics