House of Lords moves to hybrid proceedings
5 June 2020
The House of Lords will begin hybrid proceedings on Monday 8 June. Members will be able to participate in business either physically in the chamber or online.
Hybrid proceedings will be used to conduct all business in the House, including legislation, and normal procedure will continue to be followed as far is practical. Most members will continue to participate in proceedings online.
A number of steps have been implemented to remain compatible with public health guidance including to allow social distancing in the chamber, improving ventilation and to minimise door handling.
This move comes ahead of plans to implement an online remote voting system in the coming weeks.
These changes were discussed in the chamber of the House on Thursday 4 June. Read what was discussed.
- Work of the House of Lords – making laws
- Follow @ukhouseoflords on Twitter
- Like House of Lords on Facebook
- Watch House of Lords videos on YouTube
- View House of Lords images on Flickr
- Connect with members on the Lords Digital Chamber
Image: House of Lords / Jessica Taylor