This week in the Commons: 20 July - 24 July
24 July 2020
This week in the Commons, MPs approved the Counter-Terrorism and Sentencing Bill and the Trade Bill. The House adjourned on 22 July for Summer recess and will return on 1 September.
Prime Minister's Questions
During PMQs MPs questioned the Prime Minister about a report by the Intelligence and Security Committee on Russia; Scottish independence and more.
Statement and Urgent Questions
This week there were four statements and three urgent questions.
- Dominic Raab updated the House on China.
- Matt Hancock updated the House on the Government's response to coronavirus.
- Priti Patel updated the House on lessons learned from Windrush.
- Ben Wallace updated the House on Counter-Daesh.
- Daisy Cooper asked an urgent question to John Whittingdale on BBC licence fee exemptions, programming and job losses.
- Nick Thomas-Symonds asked an urgent question to James Brokenshire on Intelligence and Security Committee's report into Russia.
- Thangam Debbonaire asked an urgent questions to Chris Pincher on the implications of the end of the evictions ban for people renting their home.
Bills and legislation
On Wednesday 22 July, MPs held a general debate on matters to be raised before the summer recess. Watch the debate.
Image: Parliamentary Copyright