Lords discusses Adoption Support Fund
13 February 2020
The House of Lords will debate the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Adoption and Permanence's report 'Investing in families: the Adoption Support Fund beyond 2020'. Members taking on Thursday 13 February include the governor of the Thomas Coram Foundation for Children and the former director of the Family Planning Association.
- Watch the debate on Parliament TV
- Read the transcript in Lords Hansard from three hours after the debate
- List of speakers (external website)
- Lords Library note - All-Party Parliamentary Group for Adoption and Permanence: Report on Adoption Support Fund
This is a general debate. They normally take place on a Thursday in the chamber. During debates, members are able to put their experience to good use, discussing current issues and drawing the government's attention to concerns.
The debate was proposed by Lord Russell of Liverpool (Crossbench), governor of the Thomas Coram Foundation for Children.
Members expected to take part include:
- Baroness Massey of Darwen (Labour), former director of the Family Planning Association
- Baroness Smith of Newnham (Liberal Democrat), academic and former local councillor
- Lord Triesman (Non-affiliated), former Lords spokesperson for education and skills
Lord Agnew of Oulton (Conservative), Parliamentary Under-Secretary in the Department for Education, will respond on behalf of the government.
- Attend debates in the chamber
- Follow @ukhouseoflords on Twitter
- Like House of Lords on Facebook
- Watch House of Lords videos on YouTube
- View House of Lords photos on Flickr
- Connect with Lords on the Lords Digital Chamber