Lords debates delivery of social and home care
24 April 2020
Members debate the current provision and delivery of social and home care and the sustainability of social care services, in a virtual session on Thursday 23 April. Speakers include the director of the National Academy of Social Prescribing and president of the Royal Society of Public Health.
This is a general debate. During debates, members put their experience to good use to discuss current issues and draw the government's attention to concerns.
Baroness Wheeler (Labour), shadow spokesperson for health and social care, put forward the debate.
- Baroness Grey-Thompson (Crossbench), director, National Academy of Social Prescribing
- Lord Hunt of Kings Heath (Labour), president, Royal Society for Public Health
- Baroness Tyler of Enfield (Liberal Democrat), chair, Making Every Adult Matter coalition of charities
- Lord Turnberg (Non-affiliated), president, Association of Physicians
- Baroness Verma (Conservative), director of domiciliary care provider.
Lord Bethell (Conservative), Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health and Social Care, responds on behalf of the government.
- Temporary changes to business in the House of Lords
- Follow @ukhouseoflords on Twitter
- Like House of Lords on Facebook
- Watch House of Lords videos on YouTube
- View House of Lords photos on Flickr
- Connect with Lords on the Lords Digital Chamber