King and Queen of the Netherlands visit UK Parliament
23 October 2018
The King of the Netherlands, King Willem-Alexander, addressed members of both Houses of Parliament in the Royal Gallery of the House of Lords on Tuesday 23 October.
King Willem-Alexander was accompanied by Queen Máxima. The last state visit from the Netherlands was by Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus in 1982.
- Watch the speeches again on Parliament TV
- Speech by His Majesty King Willem-Alexander (external site)
- Read the Lord Speaker's thank you speech
- See photos from the king and queen's visit to Parliament (external site)
The Speaker of the House of Commons, John Bercow MP, gave a welcome address introducing King Willem-Alexander's speech.
The Lord Speaker, Lord Fowler, thanked the king following his speech.
- The Speaker of the House of Commons
- The Lord Speaker
- About Parliament: Addresses to members of Parliament
Image: House of Lords 2018 / Photography by Annabel Moeller