The Houses of Parliament's Outreach Service is to hold a free event in Sheffield on Thursday 5 March providing an informal look into the fascinating world of political journalism.
Held in partnership with the University of Sheffield’s Department of Journalism Studies as part of the Sheffield Festival of Debate, the event will provide insights, opinions and anecdotes on reporting on Parliament and politics.
Speaking at this event will be:
- David Blunkett MP (Event Chair and MP for Sheffield Brightside & Hillsborough)
- Matthew Parris (Columnist and former sketchwriter, The Times)
- Judith Stamper (University of Leeds, former presenter BBC Look North)
- Liz Roberts (Political Reporter, BBC Sheffield)
- Professor Ralph Negrine (Professor of Political Communication, University of Sheffield)
Who can attend
Anyone with an interest in politics, Parliament or journalism.
How to attend
To register for a place, please follow the link below:
For more information, please contact Daniel Wood on firstname.lastname@example.org or 079 174 88839.
Where and when
The event will take place on Thursday 5 March 2015 from 6 to 8pm (registration from 5.30pm) at:
Sir Frederick Mappin Building
Sheffield S1 3JD
Maps and directions
The Houses of Parliament's Outreach Service spreads awareness of the work, processes and relevance of the institution of Parliament, encouraging greater engagement between the public and the House of Commons and House of Lords.
Follow @UKParlOutreach on Twitter for updates from the Houses of Parliament Outreach Service.