Every week during the summer recess from 25 July until 2 September, Lords Hansard publishes the text of all written answers and statements to written questions received by Members of the Lords during the previous week
Topics for written statements and answers on Monday 25 July included:
- counselling for women seeking abortions
- amount of peat extracted for horticultural and non-horticultural use
- numbers of Service personnel killed or wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq in the past 10 years
- French language training of Royal Navy and Royal Air Force pilots
- average cost of employment of an officer in the Armed Forces
- definition of 'prospective parent'
- domestic burglary rates in the last five years
- documents relating to the planning and execution of British nuclear tests
- research and data in government departments
- spread and control of bluetongue and African horse sickness
- treating pressure sores in hospitals and nursing homes
- healthcare costs
- claims by Polish residents for medical care
- impact assessments of changes to immigration policy
- UK troops in Iraq and human rights law
- pollution in the Irish Sea
- National Countryside Week (11–18 July)
- the National Patient Safety Agency
- bed-blocking in the NHS
- passport offices
- self-harm by prisoners
- work experience placements offered to secondary school students
- South Wales Police.
Members of the Lords can continue to table questions for written answer during recess. The Government Whips Office publishes the dates for Members to table questions for written answers. Responses to these questions, published in tranches, are available from Lords Hansard.
Lords summer recess written answers and statements will be collated and published in printed form on 5 September.
Image: Parliamentary copyright