House of Lords Brexit round-up: World affairs
On 29 March 2017 the prime minister notified the European Council of the UK's intention to withdraw from the European Union.
The House of Lords is looking at the work of the EU, the implications of leaving and the exit process. This page contains a round-up of some of the key reports, analysis and debates on Brexit from the Lords on the topic of world affairs.
Reports and analysis
- EU External Affairs Sub-Committee: Brexit: the customs challenge report published
- EU External Affairs Sub-Committee: UK could lose influence on CSDP missions and operations post-Brexit, warns Committee
- EU Committee: UK sanctions policy faces uncertain future, warns Committee
- EU Committee: Government must ensure Gibraltar's voice is heard during Brexit say Lords
During debates, members are able to put their real-world experience to good use, discussing current issues and drawing the government's attention to concerns.
- 26 April 2018: Brexit: sanctions policy report debated by Lords
- 17 March 2017: Lords debate impact of Brexit on Gibraltar
Lords Library briefings
The House of Lords Library is producing a range of guides on Brexit, including the following world affairs related briefings:
- 6 February 2018: Brexit: Overseas Development Assistance
- 31 March 2017: Leaving the European Union - Profile of the EU27
Follow @ukhouseoflords on Twitter