House of Lords Brexit round-up: Science and technology
On 29 March 2017 the prime minister notified the European Council of the UK's intention to withdraw from the European Union.
The House of Lords is looking at the work of the EU, the implications of leaving and the exit process. This page contains a round-up of some of the key reports, analysis and debates on Brexit from the Lords on the topic of science and technology.
Reports and analysis
- EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee: Brexit: chemical regulation report published by Committee
- Science and Technology Committee: Bold steps are needed to build on UK's science success
During debates, members are able to put their real-world experience to good use, discussing current issues and drawing the government's attention to concerns.
- 23 October 2018: Life sciences industrial strategy debate
- 23 March 2017: EU membership and UK science after the referendum report debated
- 3 November 2016: Universities and science funding
Lords Library briefings
The House of Lords Library is producing a range of guides on Brexit, including the following science and technology related briefings:
- 23 February 2017: Leaving the European Union - Euratom
- 27 October 2016: Leaving the European Union - Funding for Universities and Scientific Research