House of Lords Brexit round-up: Northern Ireland
On 29 March 2017 the prime minister notified the European Council of the UK's intention to withdraw from the European Union.
The House of Lords is looking at the work of the EU, the implications of leaving and the exit process. This page contains a round-up of some of the key reports, analysis and debates on Brexit from the Lords on the topic of Northern Ireland.
Reports and analysis
- EU Committee: Brexit 'a fundamental challenge to the future of the UK' say Lords
- EU Committee: Brexit challenge needs new bilateral UK/Ireland agreement
Lords Library briefings
The House of Lords Library is producing a range of guides on Brexit, including the following Northern Ireland related briefings:
- 22 January 2018: Leaving the EU: Role of the Devolved Administrations and Implications for the Union
- 13 March 2017: Leaving the European Union - the UK and Ireland
- 17 November 2016: Leaving the European Union - the UK and Ireland
During debates, members are able to put their real-world experience to good use, discussing current issues and drawing the government's attention to concerns.