House of Lords Media Notices - October 2017
Economics of higher, further and technical education in the spotlight
Inquiry commences into Brexit negotiations
Lords considers impact of budget cuts
Lords considers areas of improvment and implemenation
Inquiry continues into impact on consumer protection
Lords comsiders the implications of Article Intelligence
Lords investigates implications of the rise of social media
Committee continues inquiry into 21st Century citizenship
Inquiry continues in post-Brexit relations
Lords considers post-Brexit UK competition policy
legal options for continued market access between the UK and EU
EU External Affairs Sub-Committee to hear evidence
Committee accepts 207 pieces of written evidence
Further and technical education in the spotlight
House of Lords Committee on Citizenship and Civic Engagement will takes evidence
Inquiry continues into impact of Brexit
Is there a coherent rural vision for?
Peers question global leaders over three sessions
Select Committee on AI holds a double evidence session
Lords polling committee to take evidence on political betting and fact checking
In this section
House of Lords Media Notices - 2017
House of Lords Media Notices - October 2017
- Reduce House of Lords to 600 members – Lord Speaker's committee
- Lords Economic Affairs Committee publishes written evidence
- How will Brexit affect travel for people with long-term health conditions? Lords to hear evidence
- Bank of England Deputy Governors to face Lords EU Committee questions
- Lords to question scientists at Francis Crick Institute on life sciences strategy
- EU (Withdrawal) Bill: former Supreme Court President and leading QC to give evidence to Lords Constitution Committee
- Lords to hear evidence on defence and trade in the Balkans
- Minister for Small Business, Consumers and Corporate Responsibility to be questioned by Lords on competition policy post Brexit
- Lords to ask Michael Gove: what are your top priorities for Brexit negotiations?
- Citizenship Committee to question Ofsted on citizenship education, and charities and rights groups
- Lords to ask wildlife protection charities if the Government's biodiversity policy is adequate
- How can political poll reporting be improved?
- EU citizens' rights after Brexit: what progress has been made? Lords to revisit inquiry one year on
- What is the role of the international workforce in the UK advertising industry? Lords to hear evidence
- Lords EU Committee to question David Davis and Lord Darling on Brexit negotiations
- Who should own your data?
- Chair of the Russell Group and President of King's College to give evidence to Lords inquiry on university financing
- Europe Minister to give evidence on sanctions to Lords EU Committee
- Better preparation for better legislation: Lords call for changes to law making process
- House of Lords Administration apologises to Viscount Colville for incorrect data
- How can the UK's clearing houses survive and thrive after Brexit?
- Balkans Inquiry: Lords to question international organisation for migration over trafficking and modern slavery
- What could a ‘no deal' on Brexit mean for healthcare? Lords to hear evidence
- Lords to ask BEIS Minister: can the UK stay in the internal energy market after Brexit?
- What would happen to the city if there is a ‘no deal' Brexit?
- Lords Communications Committee to hear evidence on the skills needed to succeed in the UK's advertising industry
- Lords Economic Affairs Committee to take evidence on student loan design and government accounting
- Integration: Citizenship Committee to question witnesses on PREVENT strategy and gender differences in social inclusion
- How will environmental policies change after Brexit? Lords to hear evidence
- Does the Salisbury convention apply in a minority government? Constitution Committee evidence published
- Does the media report opinion polls accurately?
- NHS foundation trusts questioned on life sciences and industrial strategy
- Is the UK a good place to research, develop and invest in Artificial Intelligence?
- Former MI6 Chief to face questions from Lords EU Committee
- What can the UK learn from Switzerland's energy relationship with the EU? Lords to ask Swiss Federal Office of Energy
- Brexit: competition - Lords Committee to hear evidence from Trades Union Congress, Which? and Industrial Communities Alliance
- How will financial regulation evolve after Brexit?
- Lords EU Committee to talk ‘deal or no deal' with leading Brexit experts
- Lords Polling Committee to take evidence on political betting and fact checking
- Expat pressure groups to give evidence to Lords Committee on Brexit and reciprocal healthcare
- What is citizenship education hoping to achieve and is it working? Academics and experts to give evidence to Citizenship and Civic Engagement Committee.
- NUS President and the Money Saving Expert to face questions from Lords Economics Committee
- Lords to hear evidence from global pharmaceutical companies including GSK on life sciences strategy
- Lords to question National Farmers Union on how the Government can improve support for rural communities
- What ethical and legal issues is the development of artificial intelligence giving rise to?
- Minister for Small Business, Consumers and Corporate Responsibility to be questioned by Lords on Consumer protection post Brexit
- Lords Artificial Intelligence Committee publishes written evidence
- Former European Commission official to give evidence on sanctions policy to Lords EU Committee
- Scout association, National Citizen Service Trust and others to give evidence to Citizenship and Civic Engagement committee
- Lords to consider the role of Russia, Turkey and China in the Western Balkans
- Brexit: competition - Lords Committee to hear evidence from competition law and state aid experts
- What are the legal options for continued market access between the UK and EU?
- Do we know enough about AI? Peers hear from the experts
- Opinion mining and research companies to give evidence to Lords Committee on polling
- Lords EU Committee open ‘deal or no deal' inquiry with evidence from prominent Brexit supporters
- Brexit and consumer services: Lords to question FCA's Executive Director of Strategy and Competition
- Lord Adonis, Lord Willetts and Paul Johnson to give evidence to Lords Committee
- Can the government's life sciences strategy become a reality? Lords to hear evidence from across the scientific community
- Is the Government committed to protecting the environment? Lords to ask National Trust
- House of Lords Media Notices - October 2017