The House of Lords EU Committee will take evidence from Rt Hon David Davis MP, Minister of State for Exiting the EU at 16:00 on Tuesday 11 July in Committee Room 3 of the House of Lords.
Areas the Committee will cover with Mr Davis include:
- What progress was made in the initial negotiations with Michel Barnier on 19 June?
- How will the Government ensure the UK Parliament is kept informed on the progress of negotiations, in line with the commitment to transparency in the Article 50 negotiation Terms of Reference?
- Has the Government’s negotiating position changed following the General Election?
- How will the Government ensure effective consultation and engagement with the devolved institutions in the course of the Brexit negotiations?
- What is the response to the disappointment that has been expressed that the UK’s proposals on the rights of EU citizens in the UK does not go far enough?