Ambassadors of Afghanistan and Jordan to participate in Lords EU Committee roundtable discussion
On Thursday 15 November 2018 the House of Lords EU External Affairs Sub-Committee will hold a roundtable discussion on international development cooperation after Brexit.
The participants will be H.E Said Tayeb Jawad, Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and H.E. Omar Al Nahar, Ambassador of The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
The roundtable will explore topics such as:
- types of UK and EU development assistance received by Afghanistan and Jordan
- overlap between UK and EU assistance and the impact this has on the delivery of such assistance
- respective advantages and disadvantages of UK and EU development policy
- how the EU, UK, and other actors, such as the US and the UN cooperate and coordinate their work
- whether Brexit will have an impact on recipient countries of UK and EU development assistance.
The roundtable, which is open to the public, will begin at 11am on Thursday 15 November 2018 in Committee Room 1 of the House of Lords.