Impact of BREXIT on start-ups and scale-ups: Lords to hold roundtable discussion
What has been the impact of the 2016 referendum on innovative and fast-growing businesses? Has there been an impact on their ability to recruit and retain talented employees? What opportunities might Brexit bring?
The House of Lords EU Internal Market Sub-Committee will hear from professionals working in start-ups and scale-ups on Thursday 28 June, to discuss the impact that Brexit has already had on their businesses, and the opportunities and challenges it presents.
Taking part in the roundtable discussion will be:
- Dion McKenzie, Chief Revenue Officer, Hatch
- Dr Sean Radford, Founder and CEO, TrainAsONE
- Ian Jones, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, AMPLYFI
- Ellenor McIntosh, Director of Operations and Co-Founder, Twipes
- Steven Hunter, Co-Founder and CEO, 9Fin
- Samantha Payne, Co-Founder and COO, Open Bionics
- Priya Lakhani OBE, Founder and CEO, Century Tech
- Francesca Hodgson, Co-Founder and COO, GoodBox
Other questions are likely to include:
- Have you engaged either directly or indirectly with the Government since the referendum?
- Have you taken part in EU business support programmes or received EU funding?
- What proportion of your goods or services exports, or planned exports, are to the EU?
- For those participants based outside London and the South East, is Brexit having or likely to have a different impact than for London counterparts?
The session will start at 10:15am on Thursday 28 June in Committee Room 4A of the House of Lords.