Ofgem and net zero: Lords committee quiz key energy industry players
Monday 11 October 2021
The House of Lords Industry and Regulators Committee will tomorrow question key energy network stakeholders as it continues its inquiry into Ofgem and net zero.
With soaring prices and rising concerns about the UK energy crisis, the committee will quiz witnesses on the future of the energy system, the transition to net zero and the challenges it raises.
The session will take place on Tuesday 12 October at 10.30am and will be publicly available to watch on Parliament TV.
Giving evidence at 10:30am will be:
- Dr Tony Ballance, Director of Regulation Strategy, Cadent Gas
- Guy Jefferson, Chief Operating Officer, Scottish Power Energy Networks
Possible questions include:
- Is there a clear policy framework in place to support a net zero energy system?
- Are government, Ofgem and industry roles clear enough?
- How might renewable energy affect UK energy supply?
- What’s the role of fossil fuel generation, nuclear and hydrogen in a net zero energy system?
- How should we regulate net zero transition and what is Ofgem’s role?