Vulnerable children: Expert academics to give evidence to Lords committee
Tuesday 15 June 2021
Peers will hear from academic experts when the House of Lords Public Services Committee continues its inquiry into vulnerable children tomorrow (Wednesday 16 June at 3.00 p.m.).
The committee will question:
- Dr Tina Haux, Director, National Centre for Social Research
- Professor Anna Vignoles, Director, Leverhulme Trust
- Dr Polly Vizard, Associate Professorial Research Fellow and Associate Director, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, London School of Economics
Likely questions include:
- How should policy makers define child vulnerability?
- What are the main data gaps on vulnerable children and how can they be addressed?
- What role does vulnerability play in determining a child’s outcomes and life chances?
The session will be live on Parliament TV.