Treasury and Cabinet Office officials face Lords committee
Wednesday 23 June
Senior Treasury and Cabinet Office officials will give evidence to the House of Lords Public Services Committee tomorrow (Thursday 24 June at 9.00 am) when it continues its inquiry into vulnerable children and public services.
The committee will hear from:
- Cat Little, Director General, Public Spending, HM Treasury
- Mark Sweeney, Director General, Cabinet Secretariat, Cabinet Office
Likely questions include:
- How will the Treasury support departments to make successful joint bids on cross-cutting issues?
- How will the Cabinet Office ensure that upcoming legislation promotes collaboration rather than competition with local voluntary organisations?
- How does the Treasury evaluate cost-effectiveness of preventative spending, for example on reducing financial pressures on statutory services?
The session will be live on Parliament TV from 9am.