NHS, councils and service users appear before Lords committee
Tuesday 8 June 2021
On Wednesday the committee will explore procurement and commissioning with hospital and council chiefs and other experts as follows:
- Julian Blake, Public Benefit Lawyer, Stone King LLP
- Mat Ilic, Chief Development Officer, Catch22
- Ed Wallis, Director of Policy and Engagement, Locality
- Rachel Silcock, Strategic Commissioning Manager, Plymouth City Council
- Mike Barker, Strategic Director of Communications and Reform, Oldham Council
- Martin Wilson, Chief Operating Officer, Newcastle Hospitals NHS Trust
On Thursday (from 10.00 a.m.) the committee will hear from people about their experiences of using public services during the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Health and social care service users; older peoples' service users; and addiction and mental health service users.
Both sessions will be live on Parliament TV.